Thursday, January 8, 2015

Capsule Kitchen - Could I do this?

I stumbled upon something that intrigued me today while I was searching for information about what appears to be a capsular kitchen. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything about this neat little Jetsons type kitchen, but I did find something else using the term capsule kitchen
I have no idea where this picture came from, it was in an email forwarded to me
As it turns out, there is a challenge put forth by a blogger, Be More With Less, to choose 33 items, food and drink. Water, spices, condiments and flavor enhancers, that you use in small amounts, etc, don't count as part of the 33. Then, you plan your meals around these items. The aim is to do this for 3 months. I thought it would be interesting to come up with my list of 33. I'm glad that spices and such aren't included, because I use a lot of spices in my cooking. I'm guessing that cooking oil isn't supposed to be included either, since you don't actually eat the oil.


dairy cheese
dairy milk
dairy sour cream
dairy yogurt
fruit banana
fruit berries
liquids coffee
liquids juice
liquids wine
protein almond milk
protein bacon
protein beef
protein chicken
protein eggs
protein lamb
protein protein powder
protein salmon
protein shellfish
seeds/nuts nut butter
seeds/nuts sunflower seeds
starch flour/bread
starch oats
starch peas
starch rice
starch sweet potato
starch white potato
vegetable broccoli
vegetable tomatoes
vegetable green beans
vegetable leeks
vegetable mushrooms
vegetable onion
vegetable salad greens

I am sure that I'm missing something that, if I didn't have it I would be absolutely devastated. Oh, crap. I left dark chocolate off the list. I can consider cream cheese a cheese, right?

Oh, to tie this in to today's Axis Of Ineptitude prompt, "gratitude," I am profoundly grateful for the abundance in my life. I have the opportunity to make a list like this, not wondering where my next meal is coming from. I am grateful that I have a stocked pantry. I am very blessed.

What would you put on your "33" list?

No comments:

Post a Comment