Wednesday, December 18, 2013

What's that smell??

It's a little bit whiffy in the Foodie house today. Actually, it's been whiffy for the last 24 hours. The mention of slow cooker ketchup came up yesterday on FB. A long while back, I got a HUGE can of crushed tomatoes from my happy place. I thought I would make sauce, or some such thing, since I had no tomatoes from the garden this year. Hmm. Slow cooker ketchup sounded right up my alley. The recipe mentioned, and another I found online, were for small batches with 15-28 ounce cans. Waaay smaller than the can I had. I adjusted the vinegar, spices and sugar accordingly, but man, it smells like vinegar in my house. Last night I banished my slow cooker to my garage to keep on cooking down. The result: now my garage smells like vinegar, too. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment