Friday, February 17, 2012

Asian Lettuce Cups

After a couple of day off the Simply Filling wagon, I'm back on. Blame Valentine's Day, blame TOM, blame whatever... (the chocolate in the fridge that I got The Aussie...) Hopefully I have some of the bad choices out of my system. Last night I made Asian lettuce cups, and they were good. I actually just had more of the filling for my breakfast. Yum. :)

Asian Lettuce Cups

1 pound of extra lean ground turkey
2 T low sodium soy sauce
1 t fresh ginger, grated
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 T sriracha sauce
1 T hoisin sauce
1 can of sliced water chestnuts, chopped
lettuce leaves (bibb lettuce is recommended because the leaves are flexible, but if you only have iceburg, like me, that works fine)

Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Meanwhile, combine the ground turkey with the soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Cook the turkey mixture until there's no more pink, breaking apart any big clumps of meat with your spatula. Add in the sriracha, or any hot pepper sauce you have, the hoisin sauce and the chopped water chesnuts. Mix thoroughly and take off the heat. Serve with lettuce leaves to spoon the mixture into, and have fun playing with your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment