Monday, June 28, 2010
Saturday, June 19, 2010
I've been going through my boxes of pictures trying to find ones from my Australia trips. I don't have many pictures of The Aussie's Dad. I've only been to Australia twice, so I didn't spend much time with him. A barrister for many years, he loved a good argument and he loved his little chihuahua Kyrie. Somewhere I have a picture of the two of them. I have to keep digging.
If you're blessed enough to still have your father in your life you are very fortunate. Happy Father's Day, Daddy and Doug.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
I'd also like to thank Shannon at SuperwomanSpirit for the Beautiful Blogger Award!
For this award I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself that you don't know about me. Here goes.
1. I am shy to the point of social anxiety and panic attacks when I have to go to parties or outings.
2. I spend way too much money on books, quilting supplies and beading stuff. (Shush up Karyn, you do too.)
3. The Aussie and I were engaged 4 months after we met. (We've been married 15 years)
4. When I was little I ran away. No idea why, but I did. I made it as far as the mailbox (about 25 feet). I was prepared though: I brought with me a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter, a butter knife and a roll of toilet paper.
5. I like dogs more than I like many people.
6. I loathe eggplant.
7. Occasionally when I was little I'd get up early on Saturday mornings, swipe the open container of sour cream or the open can of tomato paste out of the refrigerator, grab a small spoon and sit behind the living room sofa and eat the sour cream or tomato paste. I'd then hide the empty container and spoon under the sofa.
I'd like to pass along this lovely award to some wonderful and inspiring bloggers. Tag, you're it:
Julia at JuliaGoulia
Jan at HealthyLoserGal
Jess at HalfOfJess
Saturday, June 5, 2010
You never know when something bad can befall you, a loved one, a friend... Be good to one another. Tell your family that you love them. Give a friend in need a hug. You might not be able to be a blessing to the world, but you can start by being a blessing to a single person.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Our Lips Are Sealed - The Go Gos
History Never Repeats - Split Enz
Space Age Love Song - A Flock Of Seagulls
Don't Change - INXS
Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
Love Plus One - Haircut 100
Steppin' Out - Joe Jackson
You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) - Dead Or Alive
Everybody Have Fun Tonight - Wang Chung
Fantastic Day - Haircut 100
Gloria - U2
Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Litany (Life Goes On) - Guadalcanal Diary