Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans Challenge

So. In a moment of insanity I decided to sign up for the latest Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans challenge (cue ominous music): The 30 Day Shred challenge. I got the DVD last year and actually managed to do the workout twice before giving up in a quivering and whining mass of aching muscles. And that was just level 1. But I figured it's time to give it another go, and my friend Trish (@IamSucceeding) is also doing the challenge, so I have someone to whine with.

Day 1, I knew I'd be sore afterwards. Day 2, I was sore, and sneezing hurt my abs. (How do they expect you to be able to do pushups when your shoulders are that sore?!?) That brings us to Day 3. Because I wanted to sleep in an extra hour this morning (I didn't want to wake up the cutie dog curled up against me, did I??) , I will be doing The Shred after work. Let's all keep our fingers crossed I can make it through the whole 30 days! I'll let you know my physical progress at the end.

P.S. If an intense 20 minute workout with Jillian kicks my butt this badly, I really feel for the people on TBL. At least she isn't screaming at me or trying to get me to share my issues on national television.

1 comment:

  1. LOL Whine away woman...I will listen!! :) You are doing fabulous!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete