Saturday, August 29, 2009

Now Being Served...

So this morning I'm pondering what to have for breakfast and I remember a recipe for crustless quiche that I have. I wasn't looking to make something big, so I decided to pull out the muffin pan again and make little mini crustless quiches. They're great for breakfast, snack, lunch, whatever. They're really low in points, so you don't have to feel guilty for eating more than two. (If you're too manly to eat something called quiche, feel free to call them egg cups. Not that that's a very manly name either, but, whatever. Just eat them.)

Note: I use a six cup muffin tin

Sausage Mushroom Crustless Quiche - serves 3

2 turkey sausage patties (I use Jimmy Dean fully cooked patties), finely diced
1 1/2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 Egg Beaters
1/2 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup Weight Watchers reduced fat shredded cheese
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t herb mix (I use Spike salt free blend or Mrs. Dash)
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
cooking spray (I use PAM olive oil)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Heat saute pan over medium high heat. Give the pan a quick spritz of cooking spray. Saute onions and mushrooms until the veggies are softened and the mixture is not wet. This will take about 5 minutes. Add in the diced turkey sausage, garlic powder and seasoning mix and mix well. Turn off heat.

In medium bowl mix the Egg Beaters and milk. Mix well. Add salt and pepper.

Divide sausage mixture evenly between the six muffin cups. Top each mixture with the shredded cheese. Bake for 25 minutes.

When you take them out of the oven, run a knife around the edge of each cup. This will make them easier to remove from the pan. (But hey, even if they fall apart, they still taste good!)






3 comments: